Math Concept Camp: Conceptual learning for math teachers & Leaders
Register NOW for this Amazing Seminar!
Why should I attend?
Math teachers will go beyond the ability to "get the right answer" and gain a conceptual understanding of essential math skills.
PEDAGOGY & DATA
Learn to craft and deliver students experiences, use data, and design support needed for struggling learners.
Attending IMPACT training is never without reward. With each development experience, you receive continuing education credit toward your license renewal.*
*You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your state department of education for CEU availability.
It’s not enough for Math teachers to know how to calculate Math problems. They have to be able to understand the concepts behind the calculations, and be well prepared in classroom pedagogy that allows the practitioner to be able to effectively deliver Tier I instruction.
This energetic and collaborative Grades 7 - Alg. I Mathematics workshop is led by instructional leaders who have taught Math and led successful, high performing Math teams in "high-needs" schools. So, our training and resources have been customized with the urban school environment in mind.
This Math training is for you if:
- You are a new teacher (Years 0 - 3)
- You have been experiencing challenges explaining the "why" behind the "what" to students
- You are a long-term substitute
- Challenges executing adequate instruction, because students enter into your classroom without basic concepts that support current grade level concepts.
- Collaboratively engage in an in depth examination of essential Math concepts for your state's assessment standards.
- Acquire classroom management strategies that go beyond the management of student behavior, and are appropriate for campuses with a high concentration of low-socioeconomic family representation and/or minority students (urban pedagogy).
- Learn to create student learning experiences that align with adolescent brain research, increasing the likelihood of students retaining information delivered.
- Receive a 3 week "PREvention" curriculum that will assist teachers in anticipating the Math needs of students and better guide intervention activities.
- Create and implement an assessment system for learning, and learn to strategically use the data to pivot instruction
- Customize an IMPACT Instructional Leaders' Calendar to better position teachers to deliver instruction with comfortable and effective pacing.
- Become part of an exclusive online professional learning community that will allow participants to engage in ongoing development even after the sessions have concluded.
July 24 - 27, 2023
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Presentation
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch (Provided)
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Presentation
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your state department of education for CEU availability.
July 24 - 27, 2023
DeSoto Civic Center
211 W Pleasant Run Rd
DeSoto, TX 75115